Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FO Time

If I haven't mentioned it before, FO = Finished Object.

I have mostly been a one-project-at-a-time knitter lately. That is, until this spring, when I have been starting knitting projects right and left, spinning, felting, generally having a great time, but not finishing much. And as these things go, that can only go on so long before I start feeling the burden of all of these half-finished projects, and I go into finish-it-up mode. We begin finish-it-up time with a project started and finished on the same day.

I really shouldn't be posting this, as I am planning on gifting this, and I may be ruining the surprise. Looks familiar? It is very similar - not quite an exact duplicate - of the scarf I made for my Mom's birthday. I started it at the knitting group on Thursday, to show everyone how to use the Ashford Knitter's Loom, and I finished it before I went to bed that night! It turned out just as nice as the first one, I think. I did a lot of measuring and counting for the first one, and then I made this one sort of off of the top of my head, so it is a bit different.




I should be an Ashford dealer, as now everyone in my knitting group now wants a Knitter's Loom.
Levi looks a bit like he is being forced to model, but he was happier than it looks.
It (the scarf) is very nice, if I do say so myself, and I may just have to make a third, as I still have (probably just) enough yarn to do so.



Levi seems to be getting more blog-coverage these days, so here's a little Riley to even things up, taken during spring break at the playground in Wachapreague.

Other updates for this evening:

-The weather has been HOT (like 90 in the shade!) here, but I believe a cold front is coming through tomorrow and it is all going to change.

-We were all well for several days in a row (a first in the last few months!) but that is over now, too. Levi has had coughs and a fever, Riley just coughs so far. I'm hoping Levi can go to school tomorrow, but we'll see ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have such a talented daughter in law!