Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation

Now, I am sure I never graduated from anything before graduating from high school, But these days, in this part of the country at least, there are preschool graduations, kindergarten graduations ... I believe there is a 5th grade graduation ... it goes on. And on.

Riley's Kindergarten Graduation was a pretty big production - mortarboards, gowns, a play, several songs, awards, a poem ... etc. I went in thinking "Why are we making such a big deal of this?" and then spent the whole program with misty tears in my eyes, so proud and amazed to see my little boy looking so grown up. Here he is getting his diploma - the first woman you see is his teacher, Ms Gendron (I just missed her saying his name) and then the principal, Ms Anis, handing him the diploma:


And then the finale, "Skidamarink". Earbug warning: I have been singing this song ever since!

You may notice, Riley has lost one of his front teeth, and the other one is on it's way out and poking out a bit crooked! I can't wait for the big new teeth - he is going to look so different!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Riley we loved his song! And he sure did look grown up (with his missing teeth and cap and gown!). Wish these two grandparents could have been there!