Thursday, June 04, 2009

Tara's Alpaca

Oh, man! My "I need to get this story/these pictures on my blog" list is getting long - I really need to make some time for this! I have many stories to tell you about the last few weeks, but first, as promised, the alpacas! Or is "alpaca" plural, also? I should look that up, but it would only slow down the process.

Anyway, let me tell you something about Blogger/Blogspot (whatever this thing is called.) When I add pictures to a new post, it always adds each successive picture to the TOP of the post. Very annoying. So each time, I have to select the picture and move it down to the bottom of the post, where I want it. And when I select a bunch of pictures ... I want to write about this one ... and then this one ... they show up in the opposite order on the post. BLEH. If any of you out there know how to fix this (or what I am doing wrong??) do let me know.

In the meantime, these pictures are all backwards, but I am not fixing them, because I am tired and I don't feel like it!

So first, here is a close-up of the lovely fiber on young Aspen, Tara's cria. (Cria = baby alpaca)



This fiber has been shorn by now, and is all in a one-gallon ziplock, since he was just a young-en.

Here is Tara and Aspen, held by (dang, can't remember his name now) the Mr. of the farm:


And some of the other critters:







And finally, a couple of clips of Baroness and Aspen:



Tara's animals are still up in Maryland, but she is getting her property ready for them, and they should be down here in November or so. Very exciting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful animals. Sorry...can't help you with the pics, have the same problem on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Loved the alpaca photos, and the ones from your sheep trip too! Went to the Sequim Open Aire Market briefly today and our lady was there spinning away!