Monday, August 24, 2009

I've been one poor correspondent,

I've been too, too hard to find.
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.




It sounded lame when America sang it in nineteen-whateveritwas, and it sounds lame now. But so be it.



So what happened? Well, Riley got out of school, and lots of fun summer things started happening. We went to Iowa over the fourth of July for a family reunion to celebrate my grandmother's 100th birthday. We had family visiting here from Iowa and Richmond and Charlottsville and Washington. The kids had lots of various "camps" and such.

Oh, and I got a full-time job, for the first time since becoming a mother. It is the end of an era for the whole family.

So anyway, good and bad, life gets in the way of blogging. My plan is to write more frequently - maybe shorter, less picture-filled posts. Little how-are-you-doing sort of posts. Because I have lots of news to share, but less and less time to share it.

Is anyone still out there listening?

Hello, again.

2 comments:

tree mcgee said...

You bet we are listening and want to hear about your new job and pleased to see you are back!!!
XOXO

tree mcgee said...

PS Movers here--help!!