Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Soccer Camp



This week, Riley is in the twenty-something annual Noltz Soccer Camp in Onancock. All morning each day this week (this is not a sleepover or anything) he is out there with his group of 4-, 5- and 6-year-olds, each with their mini size 3 soccer balls. Did you even know that soccer balls came in different sizes? I didn't.
And what is Levi up to, you might ask?


He and I hang around in the trees (him) or on the grass (me), have some snacks,



...and watch the goings-on. At least for awhile - the little boy gets restless before long, and we take a trip up the road, maybe to the Burger King for a bathroom break and a drink, or maybe over to Rose's (like a poor man's WalMart, if you can imagine) for some unnecessary plastic objects, and more snacks. Not much knitting going on here, unfortunately.


But, my KnitPicks yarn arrived today! Thanks to a gift certificate from Terri, I have the yarn necessary for the cover-sweater from the summer Knitter's Magazine.

I am thinking about doing a "Knitting Olympics", where you (as a personal challenge) cast on a new project during the opening ceremonies, with the goal of finishing it by the closing ceremonies some - is it 18?- days later. What do you think? Will my family allow me the time to do such a thing? I don't think so, either.




No comments: